Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting the Hell Out of Dodge! (via "Idlewild")

I'm getting ready to head to Puerto Rico with my family! My mom booked a ridiculous flight. We're all meeting at JFK at 4:30 AM. I'm just gonna stay up straight through.

I went to the hardware store to pick up a plastic squirt bottle for my hair gel. The guy who works there always flirts with me. He sold me a bar of soap by likening me to Cleopatra.

"Caeser will fall to his knees!" he said.

He says he's from the Dominican Republic, but I think he was an Egyptian in a former life.

I never wrote back to BottleRocket. I decided his email was a little gross and not worth my time. Jake is setting me up with a colleague of his, though, and I think there's some potential there. I saw Narc again. I love him and hate him and love him and hate him. I so have to break this stupid cycle...this stupid, stupid addiction.

I started reading "Variety of Religious Experiences" by William James and I downloaded the Joe & Charlie tapes. A girl can only do so much. Despite my attempts at spiritual growth, I'm still listening to Carousel and with half of my heart, seriously asking "What's the Use of Wondering?"

Anyway... I have to go finish packing, shower and then maybe hit the piano bars. The St. Patty's Day drinkers are out early. Gross. I've always hated people who drink on St. Patrick's Day-- even when I was a drunk myself.

I'll be wearing my first bikini on the beach in another day or two. It's hot pink. Wish me luck!!

h

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Have a wonderful time away!

Since I'm neither Irish nor Catholic, St Patty's Day has been rather meaningless to me.

Aravis said...

Good luck. Hope you're having a great time!