Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm Still Here...

Well, it's February. I'm still here. I'm still not really ready to write about or process my life online. But I wanted to check in with a mini-update.

It has been 23 days since I've had any contact with Narc. In the meantime, I posted a profile on an online dating website (to help keep myself from the inevitable pining), I'm on a new anti-anxiety medication, I joined a gym and I've been spending a lot of time with friends and family. Anxious and I have met up a few times and she has been so sweet and supportive. NDN, Tamika and I have instituted "American Idol Night" at their place on Tuesdays. Hammer and I have been spending more time together too. We went shopping last weekend at the boutiques in SoHo and enjoyed the recession sales. We both bought awesome designer dresses at Nicole Miller. I have to say-- I've also been enjoying my new physique. Never before in my life have I been "picked up" with lines like "where do you work out?" Last weekend I hit the town and was out until closing time all weekend long. This weekend was much more chill. StarGazer celebrated her two-year anniversary on Friday night and yesterday I spent the day with my family on Long Island. I am totally and madly in love with my little niece. I babysit for her every Monday and it is a highlight of my week.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same-- a ton of teaching, voice lessons, service for AA and life goes on.

As you can imagine, I'm having a very hard time and totally taking it one day at a time, but it's the most I can say about Narc here. Maybe one day I'll be able to recount the story of how it all came to an end.

I think I'm going to cook dinner tonight. I have a date on Thursday. Oh-- and I'm planning on re-painting my apartment very, very soon. I'm going to do something more feminine and totally fresh.

Ok... Well, that's my mini-update.

Hope you are all well out there.

Lots of love,
h

3 comments:

shorty said...

Sounds like you are doing well.

I wonder what dating site, I joined one too about 2 weeks ago. So far only losers have been in contact with me. Oh well.

Painting your apartment sounds exciting. Let us know what colors you decide on!

How are those incompletes coming along?

Wow! You have grown so much since this blogging business began.

I'm glad to have met you. You are inspiring.

Aravis said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are still around, still hanging in and doing some things for yourself. You've earned a little peace and joy in your life. I hope you get it soon.

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hyde! I couldn't find your blog for the longest time, but I'm happy to have found you again. Funnily enough, I just posted an ad on an online dating service for the first time. I've always thought it strange how similar our lives are sometimes.

I'm fighting a serious craving for an NYC trip...if I lose the fight, still okay if I look you up?