Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In Gray

It's a gray and dreary day today. Mr. Rochester is sitting at my feet. I had to take him to the vet last week and he was not happy about it. I'm glad he's okay, although I need to bring him back to have his teeth cleaned.

I really want to buy a pair of riding boots-- tall black boots with a stacked heel. I'd wear them out on a day like today.

I've been doing a lot of clothes shopping lately. I'm going for an 18th century look. A week or so ago, Hammer and I had an afternoon reunion and made our way through the shops of SoHo. We had brunch at Cafe Colonial and then both bought colored skinny-jeans at Uniqlo. She has already returned hers. I tried mine on for Narc and he said they're ok, but I'm still thinking about it. I also got a few tops at Anthropologie.

I watched every night of both political conventions. Giuliani made me want to puke all over myself. I can't stand Sarah Palin. It's so much aggravation that I don't want to think about it anymore, but the political season is just beginning. I will want to move far away if Obama doesn't win. Every time I eat arugula now, I think of myself as a latte-drinking liberal. That only reminds me that I need to kick my caffeine addiction which has become markedly worse.

Other than that, I've just been doing a lot of school work and spending a lot of time with Narc. We've been together almost every night. We've watched many "Sex in the City" re-runs. CouchSleeper got robbed at gunpoint in his apartment and ended up crashing at Narc's for a few days. Narc uploaded all of his "papers" onto some server and gave me the password in case of his demise. I hope he's not planning on going anywhere...

The weekend before last, I went to the beach with my mom and LilSis. It was a beautiful end to a tolerable summer-- the best summer I've had since 1999. This past weekend, I met Meema and StarGazer for brunch in Long Island City. We walked around the park behind the Pepsi Co. sign. It was beautiful out. I ate a prosciutto and mozzarella sandwich and bought a pair of false eyelashes. There was arugula on my sandwich.

Anyway, I'm sure there's much more to say, but I'm tired and need to figure out something to say about the Seven Year's War instead of figuring out what to blog about. Tomorrow I'm teaching all day; on Thursday I'm meeting Hammer for coffee and then going to my voice lesson and AA. If I can, I'll stop by St. Bart's for the 9/11 memorial service. This weekend I may meet up with an old high school friend.

I want to get back into my old blogging routine. The more I wrote, the easier it was to write. Guess these things have their own rhythm.

That's all for now...

love,
h

1 comment:

HistoryGeek said...

I'm glad it was a good summer!